Wonderfully refreshing on a hot summer's day.....
400g tin of chopped Tomatoes
1/2 Shallot, finely chopped
1/2 Green Pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
1 clove Garlic
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 Lemon or Lime
Chopped tomatoes, cucumber and ice cubes with a drizzle of Olive Oil
· In a food processor, blitz the chopped tomatoes, shallot, green pepper and garlic.
· Add the oil and red wine vinegar then process until smooth.
· Place the mixture in a bowl and season with salt and freshly groundS black pepper.
· Add the juice of the lemon or lime
· Chill thoroughly in the fridge for several hours.
· Serve in a chilled bowl (or wide wine glass to look really cool!)
· Serve with crusty bread.